- Right to use until 2081
- Usage Type
- Every year
- Next Occupancy
- 2020 Maintenance Fees
- 1,098.17 €
- Marriott transfer fees, Escrow Services fees, Administration fees
- 300 € per transfer
Same benefits — Guaranteed 50% – 85% off !
By purchasing a timeshare resale (timeshare weeks for sale by owner) on the secondary market, you can save as much as 85% off the price of purchasing that same timeshare directly from Marriott, the developer. No high-pressure sales pitches to deal with, just leisurely browsing from the comfort of your own home.
These timeshare weeks will have exactly the same benefits as weeks purchased directly from Marriott and will work in the same way when staying in your home resort and exchanging with Interval International to over 3000 resorts, including all the Marriott Vacation Club resorts.
Marriott Owner Services deals professionally with all owners, no matter where or how they purchased their timeshare ownership. There is no preference given to bookings or exchanges for those that purchased at full price directly from Marriott, over and above owners of resale ownerships.
Frequently asked questions, answered.
How can I use my Marriott timeshare resale week?
As a timeshare owner in the Marriott Vacation Club, the world is your oyster, and every year, you get to choose where you want to go! Your every year usage options are the following:
- Option 1 – Making a Reservation: Book your home Resort either 12 or 13 months in advance (by contacting Marriott Owner Services or through the owner’s login page my-vacationclub.com).
- Option 2 – Internal Exchange: Exchange to 56 Marriott Vacation Club Resorts worldwide (through Interval International – Click here to explore Marriott Vacation Club Resorts locations).
- Option 3 – External Exchange: Exchange to +3.000 worldwide directories, such as Hilton, Hyatt and +80 nations such as Italy, Greece, Portugal, and more (through Interval International – Click here to explore Interval International destinations).
- Option 4 – Banking: Deposit your timeshare week(s) to be saved for a later time.
- Option 5 – Rent-Out: Rent-out your timeshare week(s) to anyone else.
How far in advance can I make a reservation?
With any timeshare it can be a smart idea to book your vacation well in advance to ensure you get the particular week you want. Marriott’s reservation policy allows owners to book either 12 or 13 months in advance.
If you are a single week owner or want to only book a single week, Marriott has a 12 month reservation policy for their Vacation Club locations. It is highly recommended that owners call exactly 12 months in advance of the day of check-in when booking high demand or holiday weeks.
For multiple week owners, you may qualify to book your weeks 13 months in advance. Multiple week owners are allowed to reserve weeks 13 months in advance if two or more of those weeks are consecutive or concurrent.
Please click here to review a list of release dates calendars for all Marriott Vacation Club resorts. These calendars state clearly the first day you are eligible to call for 13 and 12-month reservations for all available check-in dates.
How do I know there is no debt owed on the timeshare I am buying?
It is in fact impossible for us to execute a transfer of an ownership with any outstanding debt on it. Before Marriott Vacation Worldwide will issue any transfer documentation the ownership must be debt free, with the maintenance fee payments current.
Marriott sales rep. may implicate this as a reason not to buy a resale ownership but to instead buy a membership at full price. Be reassured this is not the case!
What is the transfer of ownership process?
Marriott Vacation Worldwide (MVW) does the transfer of ownership from their head offices in Florida and the process takes about 90 days to complete.
- Once agreement is reached between you and the seller, our transaction coordinator, will contact you to collect all the necessary information for the contract preparation.
- Before the end of the mandatory 14 days’ withdrawal period, we are asking you to transfer onto the escrow account the full purchase amount. All monies will stay blocked until completion of the transfer of ownership.
- From the moment the funds are placed into the account, the agreements will be sent to Marriott for review, also referred as to “Right of First Refusal” period (ROFR); this typically takes 4 weeks. If Marriott choose to waive their “Right of First Refusal” we can then move on with the procedure and the complete file will then be sent via secured postal mail to MVW in Florida.
- In about another 4 weeks of time, we should receive from MVW a document named Holiday Ownership Transfer Agreement (HOTA). Upon receipt, we will forward it to you and the seller for original signatures. This original signed document should be returned to us and after verification we will send it back to MVW in Florida.
- We’ve now reached the final step of the transfer of ownership procedure and we will have to wait another 4 weeks for MVW to complete the transaction. You will receive to your home address the timeshare ownership certificate(s) and we will wait for your confirmation before releasing the funds to the seller.